Debt Recovery Fees
The SRA Transparency Rules require us to publish on our website certain cost information regarding debt recovery work.
Detailed below is information relating to the court disbursements and fixed solicitors costs (excluding VAT) for the period up to and including entering judgment in default. We may charge additional fees or adopt a different fee structure based on the volume of instructions and/or complexity of your instructions. We would discuss this with you once you have provided us with details of your instructions.
If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about fees if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
County Court Bulk Centre Fee
|Up to £300||
|£300.01 to £500||
|£500.01 to £1000||
|£1,000.01 to £1,500||
|£1,5000 to £3,000||
|£3,000.01 to £5,000||
|£5,000.01 to £10,000||
|£10,000.01 to £100,000||
4.5% of the claim
|FIXED SOLICITORS COSTS ON ISSUE OF A CLAIM|
Fixed Solicitors Costs
|£25 to £500||
|£500 to £1,000||
|£1000 to £5,000||
|FIXED SOLICITORS COSTS ON ENTRY DEFAULT JUDGEMENT|
Fixed Solicitors Costs
|£25 to £5,000||
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The fees quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt and are based on volume instructions.
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a letter before action.
- Making and receiving telephone calls.
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim.
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default.
- When Judgement in default is received, write to the other side to request payment.
- If payment is not received within 35 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Matters usually take 9 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.